Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fairy Tale Feasts: A Literary Cookbook by Jane Yole

Fairy Tale Feasts: A Literary Cookbook
 by Jane Yolen

Sink your teeth into this literary feast: half storybook, half cookbook. This 197 page book is divided like a cookbook into breakfast, lunch, soups, dinners, and dessert sections. It offers about 20 different fairy tales as retold by Yolen. Each tale comes with at least one recipe and interesting facts and tidbits in the side bars.

It's very fun-- I just love the concept of combining tales with recipes! My son likes to read this book and rates it 4.5/5!



__________________________________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. I'll be looking for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find it and enjoy it Susan! We borrow ours from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we use the library, too. I did find it, and it seems that there are several others like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which ones are you referring to Susan? I love book lists ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great book! Food and fairy tales - two of our favourite things :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Serena, when I searched our library catalog, I also found "Fairy Tale Desserts", "Fairy Tale Lunches", and "Fairy Tale Dinners".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Cool, my library does not have those Susan. I've put in a request, but it looks like some may not be in print for some reason. I looked at Jane Yolen's website and got no real info on it, except that there is also a "Jewish Fairy Tale Feasts."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting book! Thanks for sharing! The Junior Rangers on my site is actually called Junior Play Rangers I think and they are run by River Valley Programs. They have some info on their website but only on the paid programs. I found out about this through a friend who lives in the area where it's run. She learned about it through her community league. I didn't know how to contact you to tell you about it because I couldn't find an email address. If you are interested in coming you can email me. I think you can access it from my profile. If not post again to let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...